Glad for you to join our community. If you want to contact us live press url=https://mugenmercenaries.forumotion.net/news-f7/contact-mugenmercenaries-t41.htm]Here[/url]
Glad for you to join our community. If you want to contact us live press url=https://mugenmercenaries.forumotion.net/news-f7/contact-mugenmercenaries-t41.htm]Here[/url]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tag Team System Version 1.1

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zan
Admin
Admin
Zan

Male Lvl : 225
Tokens : 100519
Subscribe : 19

Tag Team System Version 1.1 Empty
PostSubject: Tag Team System Version 1.1   Tag Team System Version 1.1 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 8:22 pm

Just like my previous version, this is a tag team system that works with any common character (NOT with you Apocalypse!), It's not a patch but It has everything step by step so you can understand what to do and learn mugen coding while working on this.

from the readme:

Quote :
Basically this pack comes with a tag team SYSTEM I always wanted to have in my MUGEN, I actually always wanted to implement any kind of tag team gameplay in my CAPCOM VS SNK W project but never had the chance and time to really work on it, but now that I finally was able to buy a damn computer I had enough time to really work on it and test any kind of bugs, also I learned alot about how MUGEN works while doing this.

Anyway, this system is practically the same one that's used in CVSW and I decided to release this explination in case you want to use it in your own MUGEN compilation or fullgame. Now I'll proceed to explain how it works.

The system itself is based on a style similar to KOF XI except that this is no way as complex as the tag system on that game and it's this way because I wanted this to work with any character in MUGEN (Ok, dunno if giving tag team abilities to Apocalypse is something nice Tongue).

The way it works is simple, in the first round of a team you do your normal intro while your character does a new intro similar to the ones in KOF XI or KOF 03, he stands and then jumps out of the screen. This system let's you give your partner a specific animation for that if you wish.

After the intro is over and the battle started the active character (The one fighting) can use the tag command to try to tag out, during this time the character will taunt and be vulnerable and have no control at all. This system also gives you the chance to give the character a fixed animation for the tag attempt aswell as a specific sound to be played while you try to tag out. The attempt last for 33 ticks, it's the same time most of the characters take to tag out in KOF 03 (And probably in KOF XI aswell).

After the taunt is over the character proceeds to jump out of the screen and the partner comes in the stage. The way the partner comes in is a little bit different to any KOF game, instead of landing where the previously active character tried to tag the incoming character will land in the edge of the side he came from. Also the character is completely invulnerable while coming in and landing. You can consider this way of tagging as something defensive actually.

Once the active character is dead and was in the floor for more than 30 ticks the character outside of the stage will jump in. If the active character dies while in a time over the non active character will jump before in certain ocasions to avoid bugs, this affects the gameplay in no way however so don't bother about it.

The tag out ability has no restrictions of time, you can tag out as much as you want whenever you want as long as you are on the floor and have control over your character (So you can tag while standing, walking or crouching and incase of KFM and crappy Ahuron-Beppu-Jin-like characters while running).

The only real drawback is that you must press CTRL+3 to get the control of your partner, otherwise the AI will take control of it so I suggest pressing it during the intro state. This must be done once per match (Not per round), this means in the first round existed of your team (It's always the first round in the case of the simul mode controlled by a human anyway). For the second player the keys to get the control of the teammate are CTRL+4. Don't even think of getting more than this in this point as the only way to make a tag team sistem that doesn't require of debug keys is that all the character share the same commands and command names in their .CMD file and also remove control of every single state with CTRL = 1, oh and also massive changestate coding everywhere and... ok, just forget it, it's only possible in fullgames...

I guess there's nothing else to explain huh? it's a very simple tag team system as you see, and it's also simple as hell to implement it on your MUGEN as you will see soon. Feel free to tweak it while you learn how to use it.

Updated from the previous version: Can now skip the intro at the cost of one system variable (Sysfvar(0)), no one seems to use it on their character anyways, also only get's used if intro gets skipped and just a few ticks during roundstate = 2. Also fixed a few things in the readme and a wrong "null" line.

Get it here:

Download
Back to top Go down
DeXy
DeXy

Male Lvl : 8
Tokens : 10
Subscribe : 0

PostSubject: Re: Tag Team System Version 1.1   Tag Team System Version 1.1 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 5:20 am

This looks sweet i might try it out.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Admin
Admin
Zan

Male Lvl : 225
Tokens : 100519
Subscribe : 19

PostSubject: Re: Tag Team System Version 1.1   Tag Team System Version 1.1 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 11:28 am

well it's a good idea pretty koo I admit myself
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tag Team System Version 1.1   Tag Team System Version 1.1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tag Team System Version 1.1
Page 1 of 1